AirDrop is a feature on iPhones that allows you to quickly and easily share files with other Apple devices nearby. It’s a convenient way to transfer photos, documents, and other types of files without having to rely on internet connectivity or email.
However, when you first set up your iPhone, the default AirDrop name may not be to your liking. Maybe it’s too long, too generic, or simply not reflective of your identity. If you want to change your AirDrop name on your iPhone, it’s easy to do so.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps to customize your AirDrop name and make it more personal.
What Is AirDrop On An iPhone?
AirDrop on an iPhone is a feature that allows you to quickly and easily share files with other nearby Apple devices. To use AirDrop, both devices must have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled, and be close enough to each other for the connection to work well.
Once a connection is established, you can use AirDrop to share files such as photos, videos, documents, and other stuff with the other Apple device.
This is a convenient way to quickly share files with no physical connection or the internet.
What Name Shows Up On AirDrop?
By default, it will show as iPhone. However, you can change the default name from settings. Such as “John’s iPhone” or “Blessing’s iPhone.”
How To Use AirDrop On An iPhone
So far, we have learned that AirDrop is a feature on iPhones that allows you to quickly and easily share files with other Apple devices nearby.
However, to use an AirDrop on your iPhone, you should follow these easy step-by-step processes below:
- First of all, open the app that you want to share a file from. This could be the Photos app, for example, if you want to share a picture.
- Next, you should tap the share button, which is typically a square with an arrow pointing upward. This will open the share menu.
- Tap the “AirDrop” option on the share menu. This will open a list of nearby devices that you can send the file to.
- Tap the name of the device you want to send the file. This will initiate the AirDrop and send the file to the selected device.
- On the other device, you will receive a notification that a file has been shared with you. Tap the “Accept” button to receive the file. The file will be saved to the appropriate app on the device, such as the Photos app.
That’s it! Using AirDrop is a quick and easy way to share files between Apple devices.
Note that both devices must have the AirDrop turned on and be within proximity to each other for the AirDrop to work, otherwise, it won’t work.
How To Change AirDrop Name On iPhone
Here is what you have been waiting for to know the best way to change the name of AirDrop on an iPhone.
Fortunately, changing the name of AirDrop on an iPhone shouldn’t be much of a big deal for you as long as you follow the steps given below.
To change the name of Airdrop on an iPhone you should follow these steps:
- First of all, you should open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Next, you should tap on the “General” tab.
- Then, tap on the “About” option.
- Next, you should tap on the name button.
- Then, you should enter a new name.
- Once you have successfully entered a new name, tap on the “Done” button to save your changes otherwise, the changes won’t save.
With these given steps, you should be able to change the name of your AirDrop on your iPhone.
Also, do well to keep in mind that this name will be visible to other AirDrop users when you are sharing files, so choose a name that you are comfortable with others seeing.
What To Do If You Can’t Change The Name Of AirDrop On An iPhone
It is possible that you may not be able to change the name of AirDrop on your iPhone.
However, if you are one of those who is unable to change the name of AirDrop on their iPhones, then we suggest that the first thing you should do is make sure that your device is running the latest version of the operating system.
You may have to check for updates by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
And If there is an update available, do well to follow the on-screen instructions available to install it.
Also, if your device is already running the latest version of the operating system and you are still unable to change the name of AirDrop on your iPhone as this occurs in some rare cases.
You may need to reset the network settings on your device. This will reset all of the network settings on your iPhone, including the name that is used for AirDrop.
You should also try as much as possible to back up your data to prevent losing any valuable information stored on your device.
Hence, to do this, simply go to Settings > General > Reset, and then tap Reset Network Settings.
And If after doing all of these you continue to have problems changing the name of AirDrop on your iPhone, you may want to contact Apple support for further assistance.
They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps based on the details of your situation.
In conclusion, changing the AirDrop name on your iPhone is a quick and easy process that can personalize your device and make it easier for others to identify and send files to you.
Note that changing your name in this way will also change your name for other services, such as iMessage and FaceTime.